For students enrolled in first-year engineering, MBBS, MBA, etc. courses, apply online for the ONGC Scholarship 2023. Learn about the ONGC Scholarship 2023 application procedure in its entirety online. Learn about the ONGC Scholarship’s eligibility requirements, scholarship selection process, and supporting documentation.
The ONGC (Oil and Natural Gas Corporation) Foundation offers a scholarship programme to deserving SC/ST, OBC, and economically disadvantaged general category students. The ONGC Foundation Scholarship 2023-2024 is open to students enrolled in the first year of an engineering degree, an MBBS curriculum, an MBA programme, or a master’s study in geophysics or geology.
The major objective of this scholarship programme is to assist deserving but financially struggling students in completing their higher education. The ONGC Foundation will provide the kids over 2000 scholarships. The annual scholarship award will be Rs. 48,000.
ONGC Scholarship 2023 Info Chart
|Scholarship Name||ONGC Scholarship|
|Scholarship By||Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Foundation|
|Total No of Scholarships||2000|
|Application Last Date||June 2023|
|Scholarship amount||INR 48000 per annum|
|Eligible Courses||Engineering, MBBS, MBA, Masters in Geology/Geophysics|
Categories for ONGC Foundation Scholarships
The scholarship programme was split up into three categories by the ONGC Foundation.
- ONGC Foundation Scholarships for Students in the General Category who are Economically Weak
- Scholarships from the ONGC Foundation for OBC Students
- Scholarships from the ONGC Foundation for Deserving SC/ST Students
The requirements for each of these Scholarship categories are essentially the same. Only the reservation category has been used as the foundation for classification.
Criteria for Scholarship Eligibility
The official notice posted on the official website of the ONGC Foundation describes the qualifying requirements for the ONGC Scholarship 2023 in the paragraphs that follow.
- The candidate must only be studying in India and be a national of that country.
- The applicant should be enrolled in their first year of graduate engineering, MBBS, geology/geophysics master’s, or MBA studies.
- The grant will only be available to students enrolling in normal full-time courses.
- possess a minimum GPA of 60% in order to enrol in an engineering or medical programme.
- For PG studies in geology, geophysics, or MBA, you must have a minimum GPA of 60%.
- have a total annual gross family income of less than INR 4.50 lakhs. (For Category SC/ST)
- have an annual gross family income from all sources of less than INR 2 lakhs. (for Category General)
- not be older than 30 as of October 1, 2023.
- The applicants should not be receiving financial aid or scholarships from any other source, nor should they plan to.
The number of ONGC Scholarships
The ONGC Foundation offers students a total of 2000 scholarships. The numbers of scholarships by category and by zone are listed below.
- Scholarship – 500 for Economically Weaker General Category
- Scholarship Programme for OBCs – 500
- a $1,000 scholarship for students from SC/ST
The ONGC Foundation divides each State into five zones and distributes the available scholarships among them.
|Scholarship Name||General Category||OBC Category||SC/ST Category|
|J&K, Delhi, Punjab, Himachal Pradesh, Haryana, Chandigarh, Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh (Zone-1)||100||100||200|
|Maharashtra, Gujarat, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Goa, Daman & Diu, Dadar & Nagar Havel (Zone-2)||100||100||200|
|Assam, Sikkim, Mizoram, Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland, Manipur, Meghalaya, Tripura (Zone-3)||100||100||200|
|Bihar, Jharkhand, Odisha, Chhattisgarh, West Bengal (Zone-4)||100||100||200|
|Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Pudducherry, Lakshadweep, Andaman & Nicobar Islands (Zone-5)||100||100||200|
Dates to Remember – ONGC Scholarship
Every year, the ONGC Foundation announces its scholarship programme. Be aware of the crucial deadlines for this scholarship programme. The opening date for online applications, the closing date for submissions, and the day on which the merit list will be published.
|Online Application Start||July 2023|
|Online Application Last Date||September 2023|
|Final Merit list Publish||December 2023|
Amount of the Scholarship
Selected applicants for the ONGC Scholarship 2023 would get Rs. 48,000 year as the scholarship money, straight to their bank account. MBA and Masters in Geology/Geophysics students will get the scholarship amount for 2 years, whereas engineering (B.E., B.Tech), MBBS, and MBA students will receive the scholarship amount for 4 years each.
To continue receiving the award until the completion of their term, students must renew their scholarship application online.
Application Process for ONGC Scholarship 2023–2024
Students who meet the requirements may only apply online at www.ongcscholar.org for the ONGC Foundation Scholarship programme.
Learn how to apply online for the ONGC Scholarship programme for students pursuing degrees in engineering, medicine, business, and geology or geophysics.
- Visit the ONGC Foundation’s official website at www.ongcscholar.org.
- From the menu bar, choose the ‘Apply for Scholarship’ option.
- Choose the Scholarship Programme from the list of General Category, OBC Category, and SC/ST Category students that you are eligible for.
- Before completing the application form, please read the official announcement.
- Complete the online application form completely and accurately.
- the supporting papers available for upload.
- Download the application form that the system prepared with all the information.
- With the application form, include any supporting papers.
- Send the application form to the appropriate ONGC office (details on the application form) through rapid post.
The following supporting papers must be included with the application form and officially documented and confirmed by the candidate’s head, principal, or dean of the institution, college, or university. The list of needed papers for the ONGC Scholarship 2023 programme is provided below.
- Caste Certificate (in Hindi or English, SC/ST/OBC)
- Birth certificate or 10th grade admit card as proof of age
- For MBA/Master’s in Geology/Geophysics students, a copy of their diploma
- certified English/Hindi copy of the family’s yearly income certificate
- the applicant’s bank information on the ECS form, as required
- PAN card copy or (if not available) the anticipated date for submission of a PAN card copy
- Certified English/Hindi copy of the family’s yearly income certificate.
Scholarship Selection Process for ONGC
The ONGC Foundation will choose the qualified candidates based on a number of criteria, including;
- The applicant will be chosen based on their overall performance on the qualifying test required for each qualified course of study.
- Students with lesser family income will be chosen if they received equivalent marks on the qualifying test.
- pupils from families living below the poverty line (BPL) are given preference, with consideration given to other pupils only in the absence of a sufficient number of BPL students who meet the qualifying requirements.
Conditions for the ONGC Scholarship
The ONGC Foundation included certain significant terms and conditions for this National Scholarship Scheme in the official notice of the scholarship programme. Here are some key terms and conditions for this scholarship.
- Scholarships are given to female students at a rate of 50%.
- Students from other categories (General, SC/ST) should apply to their specific programmes when they are advertised, not under this programme.
- It is required to provide an OBC caste certificate obtained by the appropriate government agencies.
- The scholarship is only available for normal full-time courses.
- Students must make sure they give current bank account information that won’t be modified after selection.
- For the scholarship to remain in effect, students must maintain a least 60%, or 6 grade points out of 10, on their semester exams each year.
- The chosen applicant must not be receiving any other scholarships or financial aid from any other source.
Any questions about the ONGC Scholarship Scheme 2023 may be sent to the ONGC Foundation by students. The ONGC Foundation’s official address is 3012, 3rd Floor, Deen Dayal Urja Bhavan, 5, Nelson Mandela Marg, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi 110070.
Scholarship@ongcscholar.org is the email address for the hotline, and students may also call 011-26753125 or 011-26753132 to get in touch.
Frequently Asked Question
Who can apply for the ONGC Scholarship scheme?
The ONGC Foundation Scholarship is open to students enrolled in the first year of an engineering degree, an MBBS curriculum, an MBA programme, or a master’s study in geophysics or geology.
What is the Scholarship Amount?
The annual maximum scholarship award is INR 48,000.
What is the duration of the ONGC Scholarship scheme?
The scholarship will be offered by the ONGC Foundation till the conclusion of your present course. 2 years for an MBA and a master’s degree, 4 years for engineering and MBBS.
What is the Total Number of Scholarships?
With all the categories combined, there are 2000 scholarships available.
When the Online Application will start?
Online applications for the ONGC Scholarship 2023 will open in July 2023.
How can I apply for ONGC Scholarship Renewal?
Students may use their login information and password to apply for renewal scholarships online.